Thursday, March 22, 2018

Ramen-Ya


I wrote a really short story about Ramen-Ya two years ago describing my disappointment and said that I would never go back again. 

Landon, the curry connoisseur, did go there last week, however, and got the Beef Curry Rice ($9.75).  He totally loved it, and I kid you not, days later he was still raving about it. Not only was it flavorful, but DA BEEF . . . oh, da beef was so tender . . . he said.
IMG_8522

He also liked the Mochiko Chicken ($5.95).
IMG_8523

I tried some of this Pork Fried Rice ($8.95) which he also got. It was good!
IMG_8520

Surprise, surprise, yah! 

7 comments:

Susan said...

I know Hawaii is the land of loco moco...I read an article yesterday that a local restaurant here does a curry loco moco!! I love curry...but I eat too much rice when I have it : ).

Anonymous said...

j: Wow if Landon liked it, must be really good. The thing is I like my curry w/ potatoes and carrots which isn't Japanese style. I miss the fried rice that use to have slices of char siu (red ones) instead of the teeny tiny pieces they get these days. It's like they took 2 slices of char siu and put it in a food processor to grind it down. Junk -N

Chet Colson said...

Maybe a new chef. I ate at Ramen-Ya at the Moanalua Shopping Center, was disappointed too. Ok, will give them another chance.But, 3 strikes and you're out....lol.

jalna said...

Susan, I'm not too much into curry myself, but Landon is crazy about it.

N, I totally forgot about that kine old school fried rice. Wendell likes curry with potatoes and carrots too.

Chet, I always wondered how they stayed in business with the ramen being so junk.

mmiissee said...

I dont recall eating at Ramen-Ya, but we always go to Daiichi lol.
I love love their Kimchee Fried Rice.

Leslie's pics said...

i don't think i've ever been there. the chicken looks goooood

jalna said...

Mmiissee, Kim Chee Fried Rice sounds good to me right now.

Les, been wondering if I should give the ramen another chance.