Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Baby Shower for Joanalyn and Aldann

When I started at my working place 29 years ago, coworker Cindy had already been there for 6 months.  Time flew by, we got old, witnessed a lot of changes, and now here we are today with the same company, relics amongst the newcomers.  Needless to say, Cindy is very special to me.  We've come a long way together.

So what do you say when Cindy calls you on a Sunday morning at 8 a.m., apologizes profusely and says, "We're having a baby shower for my sister Bobbie's first grandchild today at 10:30 a.m. Are you free?"  I say, "HO DA SMALL-KINE LAST MINUTE, HAH??!!!"  And then I drop everything and I go.  I know she would do the same for me.

Here are Joanalyn and Aldann, Cindy's nephew.
IMG_0128-2a

Cindy is the one standing wearing the red top, Bobbie also standing and then sister Paula sitting with Cindy's mom also sitting.  We all went on an Alaskan cruise a few years back.  That was choke good fun.  I wouldn't mind doing it again.
IMG_9954a

Here are just a few shots from the shower.
IMG_9922a

IMG_9929a

IMG_9946a

IMG_9982a

IMG_0055a

IMG_0035a

IMG_9978a

IMG_9997a

IMG_9981a

IMG_0108a

7 comments:

K and S said...

looks like a fun gathering!

Mariko said...

Waffles.... Drool... :)
Oh, yeah, and baby shower. Cool that the guys can come. Much better that way. And I want to play whatever that game is with the paper on their heads. I don't think I've done that one, and I've been to a lot of baby showers (not to brag, eh?).

What a good friend you are. So does it take 29 years to get to that level?

jalna said...

It was a cute, fun shower Kat.

Mariko, I like it too that guys are invited nowdays. That game was fun to watch. I think Cindy made it up. Actually, I would go take pictures for you too on short notice!

Erick said...

You so good! Always willing to help your friends. Great shots!

jalna said...

Erick, you da same.

Betty Townsend said...

Wow, very nice. I've noticed on several photo shoots you've done at baby showers, they really do them up big, there at home. They really seem to be a whole family thing.

jalna said...

Yeah, Betty, nowdays it's more a family affair where the men are also invited.