Tuesday, February 16, 2010

CQ's Bread Pudding


CQ claims she can't bake. After tasting her bread pudding today, I beg to differ. **thanks Walt for the correction (I originally had "beg to defer"). That's what happens when I try use smart words. hahahaha** She embellished Joy's recipe by adding raisins and bananas.


Joy's recipe:

Break 6 large croissants into pieces and spread into pan. I asked CQ what size pan . She said, "Rectangle", so I think it's a 9 x 13.
Mix:
2 cups milk
5 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

Pour on croissants and let sit for 10 - 15 minutes. Bake for 30 - 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Sauce:
Melt 1 stick butter or margarine
Add 1 cup sugar, 1 egg and 2 tsp. vanilla

Pour over bread pudding and serve warm

6 comments:

Betty Townsend said...

I haven't made bread pudding in years. Very interesting recipe, I never would have thought to use croissants. I always put raisins in my bread pudding. This sure looks yummy!!

jalna said...

Betty, it was sinfully yummy.

Unknown said...

I added cinnamon and nutmeg to the egg mixture. (Uh..maybe about a "small t"..haha) Then added 4 very ripe bananas and about half a cup of raisins and tossed it into the bread before pouring the egg mixture on top the bread. Also for the sauce, i mixed vanilla pudding with a little milk and put that into the sauce while simmering on the stovetop. ANYWAY, i was happy that everyone liked it. And BTW.. i CANT bake if my life counted on it...but i CAN read and follow someone ELSES recipies!..uh, kinda. Tee, Hee.

Betty Townsend said...

Christine, I am going to try your recipe. Forgot to get croissants today when I got groceries. More often than not I will change a recipe or add things to it and make it more my own. Thanks for the additional info. Everything that Jalna has posted that you've made has been excellent!!

RONW said...

ala, Jalna, for mixing up the homonyms. (btw, I meant "alah," but that wouldn't be p.c.)

jalna said...

Hahahaha!