Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cheesecake Factory

Yesterday we went to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Leslie's birthday.
I killed time (35 to 50 minute wait) by checking out the remnants of a wedding on the Royal Hawaiian Hotel grounds.
The dessert showcase.
Here's Nat enjoying her smoothie.
This is the Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes ($9.95). Very, very good.
Fried Calamari ($9.95). Very good.
Seared Tuna Tataki Salad ($15.95) Also good. I think I don't hate raw fish any more.
This is Leslie's Garlic Noodle with Chicken ($15.95). I tasted some of the pasta and it was good, but Les said the chicken was dry.
This is my Pasta Carbonara ($13.95). It was just okay - the most boring of all the dishes.
Oh my Gawwwed ono, this is Anne's Shrimp with Angel Hair ($17.95). This is what I'm ordering if I ever get to go back there again.
This was ono too. Kathy's Crispy Chicken Costoletta ($16.95)
Brandee's Kobe Hamburger (something like that). Bran said it was good.
Natalie's Big Five Pizza ($11.95). Can't go wrong with pizza.
This is the Carrot Cake Cheesecake with Pineapple Glaze Topping. It was good but . . .
when you go there order this one: The 30th Anniversary Cake. IT IS DA BOMB!

6 comments:

Les said...

so when are we going back???? :)

Erick said...

It is only 8:25 in the morning and you are making me hungry again. I hope I can make it to lunch without fainting from hunger. Great food shots!

Betty Townsend said...

That raw fish salad looked wonderful! Gerry and I went to the Cheesecake Factory here in Sacramento right after it opened. We shared a pasta dish, which was a good thing, the portions are so huge. Then we had cheesecake. I don't remember which ones we had, they were good, just pricey. Looks like you all had a great time.

Dd said...

SOOOO that line is to get in to the Cheesecake Factory....our first trip to Chicago, blew me away, 40+ people waiting in line for this place....IN THE SNOW, we didn't wait. The Waikiki location is the busiest in the NATION !!

blessed said...

Hey hey, Jalna!

I love following your blog because not only are your photos fabulous, your comments super entertaining, but also because you offer a little bit of yourself everytime I read your posts...LOVE hearing about all your escapades! Keep up the wonderful work of "photo-wannabe" 'cuz you are a super-fantabulous already there, photographer!

jalna said...

Hey thanks Tish. It's been fun picture taking with you. Hope to go on many more excursions with you in the future.