Saturday, July 13, 2024

Cleta's Sanbaizuke

Cleta gave us a tub of her sanbaizuke and Wendell liked it so much that he asked for the recipe and made some for his softball team's after-game pupu.

Thank you, Cleta!!

IMG_7867 

  Resized_20240706_163141

Cleta tips:

I don't like too sweet a sauce so I lessen by about 1/2 cup.

I don't measure out the veggies, I just add what we like: daikon, cucumber, eggplant, mustard cabbage and hasu.

Also, 1) I've been only soaking for 1/2 day cuz I just want to get it done but I think boiling the sauce is a must. 2) The soaking with salt is by taste. If when I ready to squeeze and the salt water is too salty, I'll rinse with water. 3) I didn't add this time but I put wakame too. 4) I don't care to bite into ginger but I think adding ginger would be good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omigosh! This looks super onolicious! Something you can just eat with rice.


Izsmom

K and S said...

looks yummy

Honolulu Aunty said...

Oh my! That looks SO good! And it lasts for quite awhile if I make a big bunch. Thank you, Cleta!

Anonymous said...

J, oh wow made my mouth water. Sooo simple too. (My favorite kind) Great recipe Cleta, mahalo!! -N

Annie said...

Ohhh I going try make!

Chet Colson said...

I'm sure Cleta can cook a very yummy Oden.

jalna said...

Izsmom, I know! With ochazuke!

Kat, it is really yummy.

Aunty, hope you get to make.

N, me too, I like simple.

Annie, yay!

Chet, uuuuuu.