Geri said that this kalua pig had a very subtle smokey, "kinda incredible flavor". She said that she used black tea from India instead of the called-for green tea, and she said that she would make it again.
8 comments:
Anonymous
said...
this sounds really ono, especially if using black tea. I love slow cooker! Never want to switch with instant pot. mostly because I like to refrigerate overnight to take out the chunks of fat so what difference does it make to cook it fast only to wait until next day anyway! Right? v
Rain Report 09-30-2026
-
Rain: Heavy
When it rains, it pours!
Rain? No problem!
Rain-Dawgg
Rain Ridah
We weren't the only crazy ones.
Radical in the rain
...
Grand Lux Cafe – Las Vegas, NV
-
Since we were staying at the Palazzo during the conference, it was super
easy to just go downstairs and dine at Grand Lux Cafe – especially when we…
izugiku
-
We tried Izugiku recentlyThis shokudo has been around for 100 years!Bummer
is that they allow smoking, so you have to take your chances when eating
here.Sa...
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
8 comments:
this sounds really ono, especially if using black tea. I love slow cooker! Never want to switch with instant pot. mostly because I like to refrigerate overnight to take out the chunks of fat so what difference does it make to cook it fast only to wait until next day anyway! Right?
v
Whoa! 8-10 hours in a slow cooker! Must be so juicy and ono!
wow 8 hours, no can, but looks super ono!
Looks good!
Izsmom
interesting twist on Kalua Pig. I like to think that the black tea cancels the kalua pig high cholesterol. ha....
V, me too, I like to scrape off the coagulated fat.
Aunty, sounds like it!
Kat, LOL.
Izsmom, we should try make, yah.
Chet, funny!!
When I tried this for the first time, it was my favorite Hawaiian food. I had to make it myself. I need to make it again, this way!
Susan, hope you get to try!
Post a Comment