Sunday, May 7, 2023

Costco's Healthy Noodle

This was $15.99, not exactly cheap-sounding, but at about $2.66 per pack is pretty reasonably priced to me.

IMG_3947 

It's a "Product of Japan" and is low calorie/carb which is a good thing.  
IMG_3945 

I decided to top the noodles with this sauce that pal/classmate N gave to me.
IMG_3950 

I fried up some garlic, onion, pork sausage and ground beef and added the sauce.  It turned out to be the best spaghetti sauce that I ever made and got the "good sauce" approval from Landon.  I didn't cook the noodles and just warmed them up with hot water.  Still, they were the opposite of al dente (soft) and probably woulda worked better as somen or in soup, but still I liked my dish a lot.  IMG_3957

9 comments:

Annie said...

I'm hungry!

Honolulu Aunty said...

I bought these noodles awhile back but I don't like them. Wimpy and sponge-y dry. I tried stir frying them with spam - meh - too wimpy. Can't figure out how to use the rest. If you have success, please let me know!

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!

Izsmom

K and S said...

looks ono & easy

Chet Colson said...

Does sound expensive, but to me it's relative. Break it down to per pack it's reasonable. Look at the price of plate lunches, Hello.

Susan said...

I love spaghetti! It looks delicious !

jalna said...

Annie, LOL.

Aunty, "wimpy" is a good description.

Izsmom, the kick in the sauce was just right for me.

Kat, totally my style of cooking.

Chet, I agree!

Susan, we hadn't had spaghetti in so long!

Anonymous said...

something like over cooked look fun?
v

jalna said...

V, I tried it in some soup last night. I think the problem might be that it's too paper thin. There's no substance to it.