Friday, August 5, 2022

Same Thing?


I sprinkle this furikake on top of my popcorn just before adding in the kakimochi.  It's my favorite snack of late.

I got the smaller bottle on the left from Times.  The larger container on the right is from Costco.  They both have the three-man pyramid logo next to the name "mishima" on them.  They both say "Nori Komi Furikake".  They seem to be the same thing except for one difference . . . 
IMG_1440

The one on the left as proudly stated in big bold letters is a PRODUCT OF JAPAN, while the one on the right as seen in not so big letters is a Product of China
IMG_1444

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sorry but I try not to buy food products from China. With all the things in the News regarding the fake rice, the milk, etc. I try to stay away. Even food products, especially veggies and fruits from Mexico. Too many times items grown there are recalled for food poisoning.

Izsmom

jalna said...

Izsmom, I didn't know about produce from Mexico. I need to pay better attention when shopping.

Susan said...

Yup, so many food products are coming from China these days. I used to buy frozen salmon and cod that looked like the packaging was from the US, but found out it’s from China.

K and S said...

ooh interesting…

jalna said...

Susan, wow, fish too.

Kat, kinda tricky yah.

Dd said...

;-{ b a h

Honolulu Aunty said...

Hard to find products that aren't from China. But not sure if I trust the Mishima brand if they have the exact same furikake and one says China and the other says Japan.

Chet Colson said...

Good observation. I pake, but, I stay away from food products from my motherland. Japan has excellent quality control.

jalna said...

Dd, totally!

Aunty, I agree . . . no trust.

Chet, so different reaction from me when it comes to Japan vs. China food.