Monday, August 29, 2022

Fried Saimin


I made this last month.  I kinda followed the recipe on the Foodland site.  I didn't use as much oil as the recipe called for, but still came out ono. 

IMG_1291

This is the noodles that I used.
IMG_1297

 


Ingredients

2 packages
fresh saimin noodles (cooked and drained)
4 tablespoons
oil
saimin dashi pack
6 ounces
spam (thinly sliced)
1 cup
cabbage (shredded)
1⁄2 cup
carrots (julienne)
1⁄2 onion (thinly sliced)
6 ounces
kamaboko (sliced)
3 ounces
char siu pork (sliced)
1⁄2 cup
green onions (sliced )
2 tablespoons
shoyu (soy sauce)

Instructions

  1. In a frying pan over medium high heat; add oil then add the spam and char siu.  Stir fry for a few minutes.
  2. When Spam and char siu is lightly browned, add cabbage, carrots, kamaboko, ½ of the green onion and onions.  Continue to stir fry for a few minutes until browned.
  3. Add the cooked egg, saimin noodles and dashi packs. After stir frying add the shoyu.
  4. Stir fry until shoyu is incorporated then transfer to a serving plate.

Note: garnish the dish with the rest of the green onion after plating.

9 comments:

jenny said...

I've been gaining back my weight and these posts no help! Although I have full control over my own mouth so that's my issue. Another kismet moment, I just bought these noodles from Sam's club this past weekend (lol.

Anonymous said...

I love fried noodles, especially fried saimin!! Looks simple, enough but I think I would switch out spam for something else.
v

Annie said...

Love fried saimin!!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Oh - I LOVE fried saimin. Zippy's one is good but expensive. Aiea Bowl is good too.
But yours looks the best! I like make, but the humbug part is boiling and draining the noodles. I'm so lazy...

Anonymous said...

Looks onolicious. I use the Sun Noodles Yakisoba noodles, no need precook.


Izsmom

Anonymous said...

J, my absolute favorite!! After I add the dashi I like to add about 2 TBS of water to fully dissolve the dashi and let the noodles absorb the full flavor.

I tried your kim chee recipe cuz I had a 2 lb. won bok from H Mart and also made a cucumber kim chee. It came out good but I salted too much and too long and added too much garlic. I liked the sweetness too though I used a sugar substitute instead. Hoo was so cheap to make too. Gonna try again. Thanks!! -N

K and S said...

looks ono!

jalna said...

Jenny, LOL.

V, spam is my favorite ingredient.

Annie, me too!

Honolulu Aunty, me too lazy. I actually rather just buy. We recently bought from Zippy's and it was especially ono!

Izsmom, I'll get that the next time.

N, great tip! Hope I remember. Glad you liked it!

Kat, thanks!

Erick said...

Looks good and so easy to make.