Monday, February 17, 2020

Urban Sketchers Oahu


This past Saturday Erick, Cleta and I joined some of the members of  Urban Sketchers Oahu at Re-Use Hawaii for some sketching fun. I'm so glad that Erick suggested going. I really enjoyed myself. 

Re-Use Hawaii is at the end of Keawe Street in Kaakako. We met at 10:00 a.m. We were free to roam the place to sketch. Then at 11:30 we gathered to share our drawings. 
IMG_3760

It was a bit overwhelming for me at first because I just couldn't decide on a suitable (easy) subject. With the clock ticking down, I chose these sinks. It was too hot outside so I took a photo, went back indoors and settled down near Cleta. 
IMG_3754

This is what I did. If you click on the "Urban Sketchers Oahu" link that I provided above, you can view a slideshow of photos from the day that member Sebastian put together. 
IMG_3778

11 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

Love your picture!

Anonymous said...

You’re talented for sure!

Izsmom

K and S said...

interesting & fun event, I’m glad you participated!

Mark Shelby said...

Wow! That's a huge building! I don't know how they can afford the rent to be there.

jalna said...

Aunty, thank you.

Izsmom, thanks!

Kat, glad I went.

Mark, never thought of that. Maybe it's cheap because it's a recycling place.

Susan said...

Never thought sinks and pallets could look so good in art form! You’re good!

jalna said...

Susan, thanks!

Leslie's pics said...

how interesting! I never woulda thought about drawing sinks...so neat!

jalna said...

Les, I was pressuring out trying to find something to draw!

gracie said...

Wow, your sketch is so good!! I was just wondering the other day if there were any local urban sketching groups after watching an unhealthy amount of videos on youtube!! So thrilled you posted about it! thank you!

jalna said...

Gracie, LOL, I also attend YouTube School. That's where I spend most of my time lately. The people in the urban sketching group are all very nice and encouraging.