Wednesday, February 5, 2020

7 Eleven's Local Style Saimin


What intrigued me the most about this saimin at 7 Eleven was the "DO NOT ADD WATER" part. The container did seem a bit heavy, but for the most part looked liquid-less. 

It was only $3.79 so I got it.
IMG_3622

I confess. The "120 seconds" confused me. I pressed 1 - 2 - 0 on the microwave, but it didn't seem quite right. I stood there. 60 seconds plus 60 seconds equals 120 seconds. 2 minutes! Why didn't they just say 2 minutes? Hmph.
IMG_3624

Aaaaaaanyway, this is what it looked like before the 120 seconds.
IMG_3626

This is what it looked like after. How in the world, yah?
IMG_3631

And the verdict? It was delicious! I would totally buy it again. And again.

12 comments:

Annie said...

I tried the saimin and the udon. Both good but for me I had to add a more water bc the broth was a little salty. Easy peasy lunch!

Anonymous said...

Yes, how in the world? But, it looks onolicious! Now I like try.

Izsmom

K and S said...

I think these have a gelatin type soup, when you heat it up it turns to liquid soup. Some of the convenience stores here sell their noodles (with soup) like this, easier to transport

Kalin's Mommy said...

Wow, unreal!

Honolulu Aunty said...

7 Eleven's food is surprisingly ono. Their Pho is like the saimin - no liquid in evidence but after it is heated = soup!

I like their pancit with chicken adobo - but it has too much rice. Cheap though.

Now I will try their saimin because of you - even though I need to watch my sodium intake.

Dd said...

ooo...gotta try their PHO next ....

Chet Colson said...

That is totally amazing, and its delicious.

jalna said...

Annie, uuuu, good to know about the udon.

Izsmom, so curious, yah?!

Kat, how clever isdat!

Mich, I thought so too.

Aunty, I'll go check out the pancit next time.

Dd, I know!

Chet, and cheap!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kat for the explanation! went out and bought cuz looked so ono, now I see they have pho too! yippeee!
didn't try yet...dinner tonight!
v

Mark Shelby said...

And look! Dat even sayz 7~Eleven! Who thought dat one up! Not some mainland Haole! ; )

jalna said...

V, I went back and bought the pho, but neva try yet

Mark, LOL.

Kay said...

Wow! Magic... I shall have to try that.