Friday, December 2, 2016

Japan - Day 9 - Matsushima Century Hotel, Breakfast Buffet

Friday, October 21, 2016  Matsushima, Miyagi

First stop of the day was the Miyagi Zao Kokeshi Museum. But first, as usual . . . The Breakfast Buffet.


DSC01468a

DSC01463a

DSC01462a

DSC01461a

DSC01460a

DSC01458a

DSC01457a

DSC01469a

DSC01470a

DSC01471a

DSC01473a

DSC01474a

DSC01475a

DSC01476a

DSC01478a

DSC01482a

DSC01481a

DSC01480a

Here's our fabulous hotel.  
DSC01486a

A pier was right outside of the hotel. 
DSC01485a

We had hoped to do a little more shopping at the Matsushima Fish Market before leaving, but it wasn't open yet. We were a bit disappointed. 
DSC01483a

7 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

If I go to a nursing home, I would look for one that had this kind of awesome food. Beautiful presentation, just the right size portions, and healthy and varied. Actually, no need to be in a nursing home. I wonder where else we could find this kind of daily spread in Hawaii?

Susan said...

I don't go to breakfast buffets here and I worked at a hotel during my college years and never paid attention to what they served for breakfast. Not use to salads and meatballs for breakfast but I did eat a salad for breakfast at home because I didn't want it to go to waste and my daughter thought it was weird, lol. I need to show her all your breakfast buffets. I spy this white tiny fish my dad likes too. I can spend all day in a store in Japan and I'd be happy, bummer the store was still closed!

Anonymous said...

very intrigued by the first picture. Are these juices? Edamame and banana? Sugoi!
v

K and S said...

bummer the market wasn't open yet

jalna said...

Aunty, I really liked this place that Wendell and I went to awhile back, but it closed down: http://jalna.blogspot.com/2012/06/five-star-international-buffet.html

Susan, a lot of people had just salad for breakfast . . . the skinny ones.

V, now that you've pointed them out, I wish I had tried at least one. I stuck to my favorite apple juice instead.

Totally, Kat!

Chet Colson said...

that's great. Fresh blueberries, one of my fave fruits. I never saw any at out breakfast buffets.

Kay said...

Awesome!