Monday, December 5, 2016

Japan - Day 9 - Aizu Buke Yashiki (Aizu Samurai Mansion)

Friday, October 21, 2016   Aizu-Wakamatsu

On the road again, going ever southward . . . heading to our last stop for the day, Aizu Buke Yashiki (Aizu Samurai Mansion).

DSC01699a

DSC01691a

DSC01685a

DSC01697a

The samurai mansion served as the quarters of the regions most important and highest-ranked samurai along with his family, employees and servants. It was actually burned down during the Boshin Civil War in 1868 but was rebuilt to replicate its appearance in the Edo Period.
DSC01703a

DSC01705a

DSC01706a

DSC01708a

DSC01710a

DSC01711a

DSC01717a

DSC01725a

DSC01730a

DSC01731a

DSC01732a

DSC01745a

DSC01749a

DSC01751a

DSC01753a

DSC01757a

DSC01779a

IMG_6752a

8 comments:

K and S said...

wow!

Susan said...

Beautiful gardens, simple & uncluttered wooden homes...I'd like to live in a wooden home but we always have to worry about the typhoons and termites! You did a lot on Day 9!

Anonymous said...

My moms family is from Fukushima, so when we went to Japan they took us to Aizu and to the Samurai Mansion too. Your photos bring back memories of that visit. Did they have the photographer who lets you dress up in kimono, etc.? My mom's cousins insisted we do that, it was fun and every time we look at the photo we all crack up. Thsnks for sharing your photos!

Izsmom

jalna said...

Neat yah, Kat.

I thought the same thing about the rooms being uncluttered, Susan . . . not like my house.

No, there was no photographer there for us, Izsmom. I can imagine how fun that musta been! LOL.

Chet Colson said...

Beautiful country side. The are so simplistic. Good Feng Shui.

Honolulu Aunty said...

WOW! That shot, third to the last, is one that you could sell. SO beautiful! Beautiful place - reminds me of Atsuhime's childhood home before she married the rather strange shogun in the series. Surprising that it wasn't packed with crowds. Maybe this stop I would prefer to shopping. Maybe.

jalna said...

Very peaceful feel to it, Chet.

About that shot Aunty . . . instead of joining the group for a tour inside of the house where picturing taking was not allowed, I chose to stay outside and try to get that shot. I liked this place too. Made me imagine and wonder what life was like there.

Kay said...

I've seen a few Taiga dramas about the Aizu. I can see those places would be wonderful to visit.