Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Japan - Day 6 - La Vista Hakodate Hotel, Breakfast Buffet and Morning Stroll

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 Hakodate, Hokkaido

The picture window in our room at the La Vista Hakodate Hotel provided us with a nice view of the harbor area of the city. Sweetie enjoyed getting ready in front of it with her morning tea.

We were still waking up early so making the 6:20 am breakfast start time was no problem.

DSC00785a

But it was apparently the same with everybody else too, and there was already a crowd waiting to get into the restaurant when we arrived. As soon as we got out of the elevator (E on the upper left of the picture) we stepped automatically into the line to the breakfast buffet. It snaked down, then up and then down again.
DSC00796a

And then it went straight into the buffet station. 
DSC00799a

I only dared stop two times to take photos while getting my food. Didn't wanna pi$$ off the people behind me.
DSC00801a

DSC00803a

DSC00804a

After breakfast we had enough time to take a stroll around the surrounding port area. This is our hotel.
DSC00826a

These squid boats quickly caught our attention so we walked down to the dock to get a better look. 
DSC00805a

DSC00807a

DSC00809a

DSC00810a

DSC00811a

These are the Kanemori Red Brick Warehouses which contain restaurants and souvenir shops. Unfortunately, the shops weren't open yet. 
DSC00812a

Hakodate Nishihatoba Museum, home to teddy bear and other doll creations.
DSC00814a

DSC00816a

DSC00818a

Panorama1-a

DSC00825a

Our departure time was at 8:20 a.m. with our first stop being only about 5 minutes away . . . the Hakodate Morning Market . . . tomorrow's post.

10 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

I love the buildings with the foliage, so pretty!

jalna said...

Really yah, Mich!!

Leslie's pics said...

so good to walk around early yah? Nobody in your picture and you get the whole place to yourself. Cool pics!

jalna said...

Thanks Les!

Chet Colson said...

Here we go again, gain another pound,ha. The nishime is one of my faves. Isn't it great to get away from the cities and
see another side of Japan.

Susan said...

I love your pictured morning strolls.

jalna said...

Me too, Chet . . . I love nishime. I like Japan's big cities for the excitement, but I do prefer the quieter side.

Thanks Susan!

K and S said...

loved that area of hakodate:)

Mark Shelby said...

Jalna. You keep making me hungry! Are you doing this on purpose?!! ; )

jalna said...

Me too, Kat . . . and we only got a glimpse of it.

I know, Mark! I'm making myself hungry too!