My coworker Runa actually likes the end pieces of bread loaves. She got all excited when she saw this at BRUG Bakery in Shirokiya . . . all end pieces!! It was $1.50.
12 comments:
Anonymous
said...
J: I don't like the ends esp. from the Japanese style breads, so I save 'em to make bread crumbs like for your fab meatloaf recipe. I don't know if they still carry it but a Korean store in the Waimalu Shopping Ctr. use to sell all the leftover St. Germain pasteries for $1 a bag incld. their bread. I haven't been there for a while but good deals after a certain time on discounted leftover Korean bentos too. -N
N, I like those discounted stuff. At Marukai there is a Bargain Shelf. Me and my sisters always gravitate to it. You gotta make sure to check the expiration dates though.
Munch On Mi – Liliha, HI
-
Remember the old Foodland on the corner of School and Liliha? Well after
Foodland closed, they turned it into a restaurant equipment place/food
court. I fi...
13 years
-
hard to believe you've been gone for 13 yearssome days it seems like
yesterday, some days notcan't believe you would've been 87 todaythankful
for you alway...
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
12 comments:
J: I don't like the ends esp. from the Japanese style breads, so I save 'em to make bread crumbs like for your fab meatloaf recipe. I don't know if they still carry it but a Korean store in the Waimalu Shopping Ctr. use to sell all the leftover St. Germain pasteries for $1 a bag incld. their bread. I haven't been there for a while but good deals after a certain time on discounted leftover Korean bentos too. -N
N, I like those discounted stuff. At Marukai there is a Bargain Shelf. Me and my sisters always gravitate to it. You gotta make sure to check the expiration dates though.
J: where's the discounted shelf located at? Me I just go there for the discounted foods on the way home so I'm in and outta there. =N
They just moved it, N. Now it's across from the rice. If I'm facing the bargain shelf, the table for people to eat at is on my left.
Oh the cheap!
That's a good deal for Hawaii!
At times I use my bread ends as hot dog buns!
It works perfect when you don't want to run to the store for hot dog buns!
And you are only cooking for one!
Good idea, Mark!!
My husband just talked about the 耳パン story in my blog last week. I didn't think sell ends pieces in US...interesting. Cheap!
I never did like the end pieces. I don't even like the top part of hte bread...it's too burnt.
He did great last week, Akemi!
Me too, Mmiissee.
bleh. Don't like it either. I told her I thought she was nuts when she told me about it. Who would only wanna eat crust?!?!
For real yah, Les!!
Post a Comment