Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Donovan's Hike


Wendell's friend Donovan recently completed this hike. It took them 5 1/2 hours to complete.  I'm so glad that he provided these beautiful photos for me to look at because there is no way I would ever be able to even attempt such a thing. It looks pretty nuts to me.  These shots were taken with Donovan's iPhone.

DISCLAIMER:  DANGER DANGER DANGER.  Per Donovan, this hike is abunai (dangerous) and possibly illegal in parts.  Per Jalna, DON'T DO IT.

IMG_1826a

IMG_1829a

IMG_1801a

IMG_1833a

IMG_1817a

IMG_1797a

IMG_1814a

IMG_1820a

IMG_1824a

IMG_1834a

IMG_1835a

IMG_1845a

IMG_1821a

IMG_1811a

IMG_1794a

IMG_1756a

In keeping with my theme lately, Donovan even provided a one-minute video!! 



Thanks for the blog material, Donovan!!!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

J: Gorgeous views but it appears to be a hike for the truly physically fit with lots of stamina. Even when I was in my 20's don't think I could handle.You really get to see how parts of the island looks like. Thanks to you and Donovan for sharing. -N

K and S said...

scary!

Erick said...

Nice shots!

Anonymous said...

Isn't this illegal?

jalna said...

I love the view too, N.

For real, Kat!

I agree, Erick.

Dunno, Anon, but for sure it's NUTS.

Anonymous said...

Found out that the stairs are closed and no hiking is allowed. Hope this doesn't encourage more trespassing. For the sake of safety!

stoops11 said...

I made it on the blog!!!

Anon, hiking the haiku stairs are illegal. We actually did the moanalua valley middle ridge to haiku stairs hike. Im not sure if its legal that way or not, but when we told the guard at the bottom that we came from the other side, he let us go on our way. Unbelievable views, but moanalua valley side was very dangerous.

Mark Shelby said...

That's the "Stairway to Heaven".

I have been up it twice.

It's magical!

jalna said...

Thanks, Donovan!

Mark, my knees and hip hurt just by looking at the pictures.

jalna said...

OMG N . . . REALLY ABUNAI!! Thanks for the link. I can't believe some people climb at night!!!!

Leslie's pics said...

I wonder if this is the same hike that Randy goes on with this friends...they start from Moanalua Valley and end up at Stairway to Heaven. He won't let me go with him cause he thinks I can't handle. I'm afraid a light breeze is gonna blow and he's gonna fly right off the mountain! Haha no need strong wind, just a light breeze will do!

jalna said...

I think that is the one, Les!

Nippon Nin said...

Yikes! The second pic looks like ladder....I'm not going up there.
Amazing photos and video. Loved it!

jalna said...

Too abunai, Akemi!!