Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Biggest Loser


About ten of us have entered into a weight-loss competition at work.  We each put $50 into a pot and the person who loses the most percentage weight will win all of the money.  Weigh-in is on November 21. Another ten people pulled names of the participants and have a side bet going on. 

CQ pulled Sterling's name.  Here she is simultaneously supporting Sterling and sabotaging me.

Yesterday, CQ had to go out on an errand and ended up eating a late lunch.  She came back with a ramen from Sumo Ramen.  She said she was in the area, dat's why.  Not because she knows that ramen is like my favorite thing to eat.  And not because she knew I would be starving from having eaten only lettuce myself.  And did I want half? 

IMG_3549

Also yesterday, me and co-participant Roland were headed downstairs in our building.  He pressed the button at the elevator.  I said I was gonna take the stairs.  He said, "Waaaait a minute.  I see your game plan.  I'm taking the stairs too."  We practically raced each other down, each trying to get the better work-out.

It's pretty hilarious, the goings-on at my working place now.  Good fun.  Well, wish me luck.  As the oldest participant, I have my work cut out for me.

5 comments:

Nippon Nin said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! So cute! It seems like you have friendly (and a bit competitive) people in your office.

jalna said...

Akemi, it's like a family at our office.

Anonymous said...

Im not competitive at ALL.. I just know that I was gona get noodoos for myself and I figured- outa the goodness of my kind gentle heart, to offer my delicious bounty to one less fortunate dear companion of mine. Its all innocent I swear. ;0) CQ

jalna said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Erick said...

No eat carbs and sugar. Good luck!