Sunday, July 21, 2013

Beaded Bracelet Winnahs!


I had to wait for Wendell to wake up this morning so that he could pull the winning names for me.  And now I'm gonna add to the suspense by showing you a few pictures from yesterday first before announcing them to you.

When I went to water my plants in the morning I saw this grasshopper on a leaf.  So cute yah!
IMG_3669

Then I noticed more!  I imagined those future-adult mandibles chomping on the leaves of my lemon plants.  So I slowly moved the pot faaaaaar away to another part of the yard and then shooed them off onto the grass.  Hopefully, they won't find their way back again.
IMG_3679

While waiting for my eye doctor's appointment yesterday I watched these construction workers across the way.  The crane intrigued me.  Look at how big it is compared to the workers. I wondered how they constructed the crane.  How in the world did they set it up? What about super, super tall buildings?  Does it grow with the building? Is the base on the ground?  And the driver who operates the thing . . . does he have to climb up and down the crane everyday? What about bathroom and lunch breaks? And when they're all pau, how do they dismantle the crane?  Is it in pieces?  And what about storing it when not in use?  I wonder . . . 
IMG_3683

Me and Wendell went to Mandalay for lunch.  I ordered a Chinese Chicken Salad and I think I ate about three pieces of dim sum. 

For dinner I started with this smoked salmon and tofu dish that I threw together.
IMG_3690

And then I had a salad that I concocted with fish cake and a boiled egg over some spinach. I poured some Pietro shoyu dressing on top. It was good.
IMG_3699

And so now I'll quit stalling and announce that the first-place winner of my bracelet giveaway is . . .  Jenny!!!  Congrats Jenny!  Can you email me at JalnaA@aol.com with your two choices and your mailing address?   And . . .  the second-place winner is . . .
IMG_3703

Akemi!  Hoo hoo.  Akemi, can you email me your mailing address also?  I'll be sending you the remaining two bracelets.  Congratulations!
IMG_3705

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

By any chance is your eye Dr first name Glenn? That is the same view I look at from his penthouse office. I usually check out the waves at deans home break. By the way, the building under construction is one of our jobs, it is a good place to watch our employees play with the rebar.

Aloha

Ct

jenny said...

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! After such a rough week, this is definitely the picker upper I needed! I'll e-mail you with the details..thank you!

By the way, the food looks so onooo.

K and S said...

teeny grasshoppers, amazing! congrats to the winners :)

jalna said...

Yes it is Glenn, Ct!! He and Wendell played softball together many years ago.

Congrats Jenny!!

Cute yah, Kat!

Nippon Nin said...

Ah... do you mean me? The winner? do you have an another Akemi in a pool of giveaway? I email you asap.

jalna said...

Yes it's YOU, Akemi!! Got your email. Will try to put in the mail tomorrow.

:) josefina :) said...

Those grasshoppers were so cute! I was just wondering about them; I haven't seen a grasshopper in quite a long time.

Congratulations to the winners!

jalna said...

I know what you mean, Jos. I usually never see grasshoppers in my yard.

Nippon Nin said...

Thank you so much for the bracelets. They are so very nice! Thanks again for your kindness. I will put pictures on today's blog post.

jalna said...

Aww . . . you're so welcome, Akemi!

Kay said...

All those Meyer lemon seeds I planted did end up sprouting and I even gave a few away. I had quite a few of the leaves on my Satsuma tangerine tree-ling that got eaten up by caterpillars. If it's not one thing it's another. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the Meyer lemon trees though.

jalna said...

Ooooh Kay, I'm so happy!! Watch out for the citrus leaf miner. Let me know if you ever need systemic insecticide. I got choke. That's the only thing that works on um.