Monday, April 19, 2010

Sake Shop Revisited

I was off today (!) and looking for walking shoes at Uyeda Shoe Store (more about that later) when I received a call from Nadine at the Sake Shop. She asked if I could drop by sometime this week to take some photos for her for something (I forget what). I only had my wide-angle 16-35mm lens with me which isn't the sharpest or the fastest lens for the job, but hey I was free, so I told her I'd be right over and I'd give it a try. The low light in her shop is a challenge, but challenges are what makes photography sooooo gratifying. Not sure if she's gonna like my pictures, but I can always return with my faster, sharper lens, and no excuses then!

13 comments:

Yosh808 said...

Holy moley...she stocked up!! I better go pay her a visit and take some of that sake off her hands. :)

jalna said...

Hahahaha, Yosh, she did? I'm so glad you could see that in the photos cause I soooo can't tell myself. Yay!!!!!

susie said...

WOW LAULAU!!! Great pictures! I didn't know they make soo many different kinds of sake. I like the one with the ume in it, but I don't drink!!!

jalna said...

AHAHAHAHA!! Susie, I know you don't drink 'cause you tell me that all the time, but you should go check out the pretty bottles next time you're at King!

Randism said...

nice pictures; i can't imagine her telling you that you need to re-do your shots!

jalna said...

Thanks Rand!

jalna said...

Thanks Kat!

Erick said...

Very, very nice, great sake shots! Did she give you that giant bottle of sake? So, where is the free sake?

jalna said...

Hahahaha. Nadine gave me a Junmai Ginjyo! It has a really pretty wrapping.

Betty Townsend said...

Well, from someone that knows absolutely nothing about taking perfect pictures, these are fantastic. I love the shapes and colors of the bottles. Great job, as always!!

jalna said...

Thanks Betty! I've always loved colored glass . . . sooo pretty!

Les said...

see! I told you that was the bestest lens!! Your pictures came out reallly nice! :o)

jalna said...

Les, you're right. It's a very versatile lens.