Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fairwood Drive Inn

The gang at work has been going to Fairwood Drive Inn lately. Here is an accumulation of I think three days' worth of lunches. None of these is mine, by the way. I've been trying to have only miso soup for lunch. Dunno how long that's gonna last though cause I ain't losing any weight. Could it be all the TARO CHIPS?

House Special Cake Noodle
Shrimp Vegetable Cake Noodle
Chicken Katsu
Mapo Tofu on Chow Fun
Eggplant in Garlic Sauce
Oyster Sauce Chicken Cake Noodle (Mini)
Roast Duck (Marvin was so hungry I had to pry this from his hands to get this shot.)
Hamburger Steak and Honey Garlic Chicken Combo
Ginger Chicken and Honey Garlic Chicken Combo

14 comments:

K and S said...

you might want to try a soup that doesn't have salt in it, as salt makes you retain water...just a suggestion :)

Randism said...

been a while since i've been there; thanks for the reminder!

Betty Townsend said...

Oh, wow! All of the meals look so good. What is "cake noodle"? Is that chow mein noodles pan fried in a patty? Great shots!

Leslie's pics said...

now i'm hungry. how come no one goes there when I work at king? Is it because I shouldn't be eating that kind of stuff? I guess I gotta drink miso soup like you!!

jalna said...

Thanks for the suggestion Kat. My son recommended that too. Next trip to the market I'll look for some less salty soups.

You're welcome Rand.

Betty, I think that's exactly right. They pan fry the noodles and then cut it in blocks.

jalna said...

Hahaha, that's right, Les. People at King just eat YOUR food and leave you hungry!

bebedeer said...

we used to eat there for breakfast. the portions were big, but the price was little:)

jalna said...

Wow Fawn, I never even looked at the breakfast portion on the menu. It IS cheap!

mmiissee said...

Wow, they sure give a lot of food! Their Chinese Chicken Salad is good...it's a must try.

jalna said...

They got Chinese Chicken Salad? Maybe I should read the menu. Hahahaha. I think I'll try it next time.

Unknown said...

hmmm those look really good. I've never tried this place.

jalna said...

Rick, the food does look good . . . don't know why I don't usually order from there.

Erick said...

Great food shots, makes me hungry. We go there fairly often since it is across the street. I think half the people that eat there are from HMSA.

jalna said...

I remember when the HMSA building was being built. Most of the people there were the construction workers.