Friday, April 8, 2011

Couple New Items at da ala cart

I got through work at just about the same time as Erick today and since I was on my own for dinner tonight, I called him and asked if he wanted to meet me at Chris' da ala cart wagon. Erick said that he was "dreaming of going back there again." Hahahaha. Chris has a few new items so we tried them tonight along with one of each of everything else.

IMG_6983

The Tsukune stick was really yummy . . . so juicy and flavorful. It had some kind of herby taste that I can't quite put my finger on. Erick tried the gizzard too and said that it was good. I couldn't get a picture of it 'cause it was too dark by the time we got it.
IMG_6994

IMG_6941

The description speaks for itself . . . ho da ono!!

IMG_6942

Not a new item, but my favorite . . . yaki mochi! This is my second one.

IMG_6987

10 comments:

Erick said...

That was so ONO! My favorite is still the oink, followed by tsukune, shisamo, moo tongue, shiitake, musubi, asparagas, gizzard and mochi. Did I miss anything? Also, Chris said he is adding more items and will start opening for lunch. Yum!

Les said...

uuuuuu, that looks yummy!!

jalna said...

Oh yeah, thanks Erick. I forgot to mention that he's gonna open for lunch soon!

Sooo ono Les. I've been picking up to take home, but eating it right there fresh off the grill is da best.

Betty Townsend said...

Oh wow! So super YUM looking. Interesting ideas he is coming up with.

jalna said...

Yeah Betty, he's got some great ideas!

jalna said...

I'm ono for more tsukune and musubi again, Kat!

mmiissee said...

it's making me so hungry right now...
Too bad he's not there during lunch hours.

jalna said...

Mmiissee, Chris will be opening for lunch sometime soon.

Taryn M said...

I went to don quijote and made sure to stop by da cart. Was sooo ono! And Chris is super nice too. I got the grilled musubi, yaki mochi and gyutan. He also let us try his chicken wing with special sauce he was trying out. Tell CQ she has a talented brother!

jalna said...

Hey Taryn!! Glad you got to try it out! I told CQ today that you visited her brother.