Thursday, January 6, 2011

CoffeeShop Perfect Portrait 2 Action

I found a really neat Photoshop Action on The CoffeeShop Blog! It's called Perfect Portrait 2. The best thing about it is it's FREE!!

Here's my "Before" picture:

IMG_9450a

The Action has several different elements that you can adjust. For this photo, I used "remove red from skin", Brighten, Eye Define, and Bright Eyes for Shayden's face. I also Dodged his hair so that you can see the spikes better. Then I used Vivid Color and Vignette to give the picture an added "pop". Can you see the difference? No? Look good!

IMG_9450-2a

Found another Action that I like. It's called Simply Vintage.
IMG_9466-simvint-a

10 comments:

K and S said...

I cannot really tell the difference but like both photos :)

jalna said...

Hahaha, you can't tell, Kat? Awwww shucks.

Betty Townsend said...

There is a difference in the two photos...had to scroll between the two photos several times to see it. I think the changes are most noticible in his face and hair. Can't tell the eyes as much...

jalna said...

I guess the difference is very subtle, Betty. Maybe side to side would've been easier to tell than having to look up, down, up down. Hahaha.

Randism said...

i so busy no mo time fo really check um out but i like da site; definitely going back bum bai fo check; tanks!!!

jalna said...

You're right Rand. You need LOTS of free time. I've just spent the whole night on the site.

Dd said...

ooooo....I like like like that "vintage" shot. Hey can you use that one the pic you took of Glenn and I on Thanksgiving and resend to me ?? oooooo

jalna said...

Oooooo, a project! Yay!! I'll do it soon and send to you, Didi.

Randism said...

keep in mind dat dis iz only my two cents but u gatta be careful cuz wen i look at the second pic, looks like da face wen loze some detail cuz the highlights stay brighta; i like da slightly darker/moa detail of da face in pic one; wit photoshop and layers and masks, can do the same ting but take more time; das why actions so handy yeah?!?

jalna said...

That's why I like other people's two cents, Rand. I wanna know what other people see and what they prefer. I've been leaning toward the brighter look lately, but I don't wanna go too far. Don't worry . . . I value your opinion.