Saturday, January 27, 2024

Costco's Gyro Kit

The meat in Costco's gyro kit was just as ono as in Sam's version.   

It did come with diced tomatoes, cucumbers and onions which Sam's kit didn't include, but the tomatoes were kinda soft and not too fresh tasting so it might've been more of a minus than a plus.

Sam's had a "Fire Feta Sauce" which added to the ono-ness, and I kinda missed that in this Costco one.

IMG_6231 

The kit makes 6 and was $20.18.  Sam's kit also made 6 and it was $13.98.   I think you know which one I'd pick if I had to choose.
IMG_6224  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!

Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

Good to know! And for the first time ever, I harvested 2 kinda big tomatoes in my garden - can use in the Sam's Club gyros!

DrumMajor said...

After your review, I tried the Sam's one and liked it. I found a recipe to make additional sauce, and bought my own onion and tomato. (Kansas gyro sandwiches don't have lettuce or cuke pieces.) That's a big increase in price to add those vegies, but I don't have a Costco card. Cheers, Linda in Kansas

K and S said...

looks ono!

jalna said...

Izsmom, does yah.

Aunty, home-grown tomatoes!

Linda, glad you liked it!!

Kat, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Nah, I rather stand in a 45 minute line at the Punahou carnival and get one ready to eat. LOL
v

jalna said...

V, Punahou carnival!? Must be good!