Hey Jalna! I went to Beretania Times and the butterfish they had was three steak pieces but not individually wrapped. So I didn’t buy. Which Times did you get your from?
Izsmom! I got mine from the Kahala Times. Didn't realize that they might differ at the other branches. I'll email you a picture of the ones I just got.
Jalna, Yup, round bone in the middle, about 1" thick, skin all around. Can flour with salt/pepper on both sides and fry. Haven't had it that way for eons. But gotta have ponzu and daikon oroshi to dip into.
meguro maruei
-
Went to Gakugeidaigaku and wanted to check out Meguro MarueiApparently they
have been in business since 1959Love their shop color! I tried their
teriyaki ...
Aloha Friday 10-09-2026
-
Waves: 1 - 3 Feet
Wind: Variable
Light offshore winds early making smooth conditions.
Not enough East winds for a run to Waikiki.
Aloha Kaimana
Aloha...
Mixed Plate Friday
-
Koala Moa Huli Huli (?) Chicken | $20.99 Is this huli huli chicken or just
rotisserie chicken? Koala Moa used to be on Nimitz before they moved into…
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
9 comments:
Gotta go buy! Thanks for the heads up.
Izsmom
How come they don't sell the butterfish steaks? That was my favorite but miso butterfish is my next favorite.
My son-in-law fishes in Alaska and their crop is black cod. They sometimes only get $3/lb. Crazy!
nice that they are individually wrapped
Yea.....try make Miso Butterfish.
Izsmom, yay!
Aunty, $3/pound! Ho! Are butterfish steaks the ones cut across the width of the fish with the bone down the center and skin going all around?
Kat, I love that.
Chet, for sure!
Hey Jalna! I went to Beretania Times and the butterfish they had was three steak pieces but not individually wrapped. So I didn’t buy. Which Times did you get your from?
Izsmom
Izsmom! I got mine from the Kahala Times. Didn't realize that they might differ at the other branches. I'll email you a picture of the ones I just got.
Jalna,
Yup, round bone in the middle, about 1" thick, skin all around. Can flour with salt/pepper on both sides and fry. Haven't had it that way for eons. But gotta have ponzu and daikon oroshi to dip into.
Aunty, maybe that's the kine that Izsmom saw at Beretania Times.
Post a Comment