Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Easy Spanish Rice

I made this Spanish Rice to go with pasteles that we had for dinner awhile back.  I used jasmine rice for a less sticky texture.  My favorite part was the bits of crunchiness that accidentally happened.  I hope I can reproduce that the next time.

The recipe is from the AllRecipes site.  I substituted salsa for the called-for picante sauce.

IMG_5345


2 tbs. oil
2 tbs. chopped onion
1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup bottled salsa

1.  Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.  Add onion; stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
2.  Add rice; stir until rice begins to turn golden brown.  Stir in chicken broth and salsa.  Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until liquid has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hoooo da simpooo!
looks so ono!
v

Honolulu Aunty said...

Interesting recipe - starting with uncooked rice. I wonder if you could do fried rice local style that way.

Anonymous said...

Yum! Love that it doesn’t have a lot of ingredients. I go try.

Izsmom

K and S said...

haven’t had spanish rice since maybe school days, looks ono!

BB said...

J, my fave, looks so yummy and EZ. -N (BTW still pouting over Edwina's Marukai freebies )

Chet Colson said...

Reminds me of Barcelona. The Spanish paella rice dish had seafood. You could add shrimp, mussels or clams next time you make it again.

Susan said...

Mmmm that looks good!

jalna said...

V, very simpoo!

Aunty, hmmmm . . .

Izsmom, 🥳

Kat, that was one of my faves.

N, LOL.

Chet, good idea!

Susan, and was so easy to make!

Anonymous said...

i haven't eaten mexican food for a couple of years, ever since BIC Tacos up and closed with no warning in our building. They were soooo good!
But looking at your rice makes me ono for enchilada or burrito and I pass by Serg's in Manoa almost everyday and keep thinkng I should try. Went there when they first opened and the counterhelp was kinda sassy so never went back.
v

jalna said...

V, go try again. Hopefully, they got nicer counter help now.