Thursday, February 24, 2022

Vegetable Lasagna Soup


Here's another soup that I made using a Ross soup mix.

IMG_0277

I actually made only half of the mix this time because, to be honest, Wendell and Landon are not real soup fans, and I sometimes end up with soup for days.  This mix was $3.99.
IMG_0207

Here's my recipe:

Fry 4 slices cut-up bacon and 3 links smashed spicy Italian  sausage.  Remove from pot and drain oil.

Add to pot 1 small minced onion, 1/2 cup chopped celery, 4 cloves minced garlic.  Sauté until onion is transparent.

Add 8 cups of chicken stock and 1/2 of soup mix.  Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.

Return meats to pot before serving. 

7 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

There is nothing like a good soup on a cold day! I ran out of the Costco chicken broth (which I really liked) and now they have fancier chicken broth - they call it "organic sipping bone broth". Sheesh. More expensive but you can use it as consomme, which I really like at that Neiman Marcus restaurant with the popovers.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh!!! That looks good. I love soups!

Izsmom

K and S said...

looks ono!

Susan said...

Mmm, I love soups, especially with pasta in it!

jalna said...

Aunty, I use the Costco-sized bottle of powdered Knorr bouillon.

Izsmom, soups are my favorite!

Kat, I like it.

Susan, me too!

mmiissee said...

I love soups, especially when there's noodles inside = )

jalna said...

Mmiissee!!! Long time no see! Me too, I love soups.