Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Chicken Tikka

Remember the Tikka sauce that I got from Ross?   I made a Chicken Tikka with it the other night and it came out good!

IMG_0051

I kinda followed a recipe from the Tasty site for the first part.  It had also called for 2 teaspoons of garam masala, but I didn't have that so I left it out.

  • Marinate overnight:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon minced ginger
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 2 teaspoons paprika

Skewer the pieces and dangle them atop a baking pan so that they're not lying in the juices.  Bake at 500 degrees for about 15 minutes.
IMG_0040

Remove chicken from the skewers and set aside.  I sneaked a taste and it was already ono.
IMG_0042

This is where I improvised.  I cut up half an onion and minced 2 big garlic cloves.   I sautéed them until the onions were translucent.  Then I added the drippings from the chicken and the Tikka sauce.  I cooked it until the liquid reduced to a somewhat thick sauce, turned off the heat and threw in the chicken.
IMG_0045

I liked it a lot, especially with some naan bread.
IMG_0049

5 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

Yum!!! Kinda plenty work for me but I will gladly help you eat some!

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!


Izsmom

Susan said...

Mmmm, that looks delicious!

K and S said...

looks tasty!

jalna said...

Aunty, LOL.

Izsmom, I think I like Indian food.

Susan, now I'll be looking for that jar whenever I go to Ross.

Kat, it's very tasty.