Saturday, February 12, 2022

Stuffed Mushrooms


Wendell came home with a tray of mushrooms from Costco the other day planning to have them as a side dish with some steaks.  He changed his mind and didn't use them.

When I opened up the tray the next day, I saw that the mushrooms were big and so beautiful that they deserved to be stuffed.  😆

I kinda followed a recipe that my brother Cy once used.  They came out yummy.

IMG_0105

Sauté and cool:  Chopped mushroom stems (around 23), 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons minced green onions.

Add to cooled mixture:
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup chopped imitation crab
1/2 cup bread crumbs + 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 teaspoon seasoned salt

Stuff the mushroom caps.  Top with more cheese.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

8 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

I would eat 5 of them and be happy for the rest of the day.

Anonymous said...

That looks onolicious!


Izsmom

Chet Colson said...

Funny, at first I thought it was cookies. Looks yummy.

K and S said...

looks so ono!

jalna said...

Aunty, totally!!

Izsmom, the cheese made it so.

Chet, LOL.

Kat, it was easy to make too.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm 22 mushrooms so 7 for each of you. But one left over. I can be there in 15 minutes!
V

Anonymous said...

Wait get 23! I get 2!
V

jalna said...

V, so funny!!