Monday, September 20, 2021

Keto Taco Skillet

 Here's another recipe from my friend Naomi.  It's from the Cast Iron Keto site.  It came out goooood.  Wendell called it "Spanish Rice".

IMG_9112 2

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon avocado oil
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 white onion, diced
  • 1/2 bell pepper, diced
  • 1 4oz can green chilis
  • 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
  • 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • 12 ounces cauliflower rice
  • 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese

Toppings:

  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced

Instructions

  • Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Once hot add in the beef and cook while crumbling with a wooden spoon until it starts to brown.
  • Add in the onion, bell pepper, and taco seasoning and cook 3 minutes or until the onion and pepper starts to soften.
  • Stir in the green chiles and tomatoes along with the cauliflower rice. Cook 5-7 minutes until most of the moisture has evaporated.
  • Sprinkle with cheese and cover just until melted, about 2 minutes. Top with desired toppings and serve.

IMG_9122

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe I gotta try this. I had bought cauliflower rice once but ended up throwing the whole thing away because couldn't find anything I thought would be good. Now I gotta buy another bag.
v

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!

Izsmom

K and S said...

yummy!

Anonymous said...

J, ohh another easy, tasty recipe. I was thinking of using it as a taco shell filling. Am gonna try. BTW re: your sty eye I was plagued with them once and I got a staph infected one with the doc threatening me with hospitalization if I couldn't get it under control. He recommended a warm boiled egg compress. Why? Because it retains heat and fits the eye socket. I spent an afternoon doing the compress and eventually the heat caused pores to open and the pus and bacteria oozed out. It kinda burns at first then the heat feels good. A friend laughed at that idea until she got same thing and her doc told her same thing. I used 2 eggs, one in use, the 2nd ready to switch out. I don't get them now since I stopped wearing contacts. -N

Honolulu Aunty said...

Looks delish!!!

jalna said...

V, ho, same thing here. I was so glad to be using up some of that Costco-sized bag of cauliflower rice that's taking up space in our freezer.

Izsmom, the whole thing went . . . no leftovers!

Kat, yes!

N, "pores to open" is the key yah!? Great tip about the eggs. Thanks!

Aunty, I really wanted to have it on some chips. LOL.

Susan said...

The younger ppl in the family like food like this. 😋