Saturday, September 4, 2021

Diet Update

My weight fluctuates back and forth by 1 or even 2 pounds daily, but a few days ago according to my morning weigh-in I had lost 10.4 pounds, so I'm going with that.  🥳

aug 29

Here is my current snack of choice when I feel staaaaahving.  There are 9 thin sheets in each pack, so if I take my time eating it while sipping on some green tea, it can be quite satiating . . . for 20 calories.
IMG_8888

And then, yesterday morning I went in search of Wendell's dumbbell weights just to see exactly how heavy 10 pounds felt like.  I was surprised.  It's no wonder that I feel more mobile and have an easier time getting up off the couch now.  I was thinking that it was all in my mind, but maybe it's not.  I think my knees and my back are happy to be relieved of that burden.
IMG_8979

Okay, so now onward . . . 10 more pounds . . . by . . . when was it?  Thanksgiving?  I'm wondering if it's even possible 'cause ho it's getting harder and harder.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I need to lose 10 lbs but have such a difficult time. I admire you.

Izsmom

Dd said...

ho....thats 2/5# bags of flour !!!! GOOD JOB !!!👍😉

Anonymous said...

J, YAY for you!! I know it ain't easy and You're doing a great job. I saw someone on Facebook I haven't seen in a while and she was so skinny. She told me she dropped starches like rice, aye smaller portions and more veggies. I think she lost 30 lbs. Imua, Jalna!! -n

K and S said...

good for you losing 10!

Honolulu Aunty said...

You can do it! But it IS hard if Wendell keeps cooking his delicious food or bringing home awesome take out food.

Anonymous said...

I am I inspired! Not really cutting down on eating but trying to get back into walking!
V

Chet Colson said...

Ya, the Korean seaweed snack is so ono. It's light and kelp has beneficial health properties

jalna said...

Izsmom, I started feeling so heavy and unhealthy so I REALLY need to lose this weight.

Dd, thanks!!

N, ho, 30 pounds!! That would be so awesome.

Aunty, yah, sooo hard.

V, you and Patty walk so far . . . THAT is impressive. My walks are short 1/2 hour jaunts in the morning.

Chet, I think so too.

jalna said...

Kat, thank you!

Susan said...

It’s always good to exercise and eat more healthy, especially as we get older. : )

jalna said...

Susan, ho, I feel the need lately.