Monday, April 8, 2019

Fascinator Update


The headbands that I ordered from Amazon came in yesterday so the millinery factory kicked into gear.

Here's my messy work area. I'm using ribbon flowers that I made for a Dress-Up Photo Shoot that I did years ago. They sure are saving a whole lot of time. You can check out the photos from the shoot here if you like. 
IMG_1076

I'm using a paper towel roll as a holding area. LOL.
IMG_1077

Pal Cleta offered to make half of the fascinators.  I'm so so so so grateful because we need to make over 20, and I think I'd be small-kind stressed without her help. The Tea for Tutu is next week Wednesday.  

She showed me some of her works-in-progress yesterday morning. Isn't this so sweet!! I love the feather stalks so much I'm totally copying her idea.
IMG_1054

Love. Love. Love.
IMG_1057

Does the netting look familiar to you? So clever yah. 
IMG_1061

Cleta, see you later today with the headbands so you can finish up.

11 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

Love it!!

jalna said...

Thanks Les!

Anonymous said...

these are soooo sooo cool! love them!
v

Chet Colson said...

Maybe you can bring in Marie Kondo to help with the work area.....nah. You are so talented; drawings, arts and crafts,etc.

Anonymous said...

Wow! So pretty and creative!

Izsmom

Anonymous said...

Really nice! The Tutus are going to look beautiful. ~e

K and S said...

so pretty! everyone will love them.

Anonymous said...

j: so cool! I learned about Fascinators when watching the British Royals cuz the wear those to outings. Princess Beatrice wore an outlandish and ugly white one once it looked like an UFO landed on her head but stylists loved it. I think you're doing a great job and you have excellent design taste! -N

Susan said...

So pretty!

gracie said...

Wow!! So pretty!!

jalna said...

V, I love that I have a reason to make them now!

Chet, I totally need her!

Izsmom, so fun to do too.

Thanks, E.

Kat, I hope so!

N, I think I know which UFO one you're talking about. LOL.

Thanks Susan.

Gracie, thank you!