Monday, April 1, 2019

Cleta's Quinoa Corn Salad


My friend Cleta made this quinoa salad and shared some with me.  SCORE!!!  So so ono and refreshing.

Thanks Cleta!


DSCF5817




# 1: Combine and let stand 30 minutes tightly covered.  Fluff with fork.
1 cup quinoa (follow cooking directions on package or video below)
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup olive oil

# 2: In a separate bowl, combine:
1 medium apple, chopped
½ cup raisins
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 can corn niblets, drained
4 scallions
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
4 tomatoes, chop and seed

Combine #1 and #2 mixing gently, chill before serving.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

score! love quinoa salads!

never tried with apple and raisins...I bet dried cranberries would be good too. Arghhh now I have to make a batch. I swear, between your and Kat's posts, I have to eat so I gained over 5 lbs!!!!
v

Kay said...

Gosh! I haven't made quinoa salad in such a long time. It's just that when I make it, it somehow grows and we have enough for 3 days. Good thing I have a friend who likes salad.

K and S said...

yummy!

Honolulu Aunty said...

What a good friend!

jalna said...

V, so score yah!! I love your sweet potato technique. Which reminds me . . . forgot to get the sweet potato at the swap meet this past weekend. Bah.

LOL, Kay, I know what you mean.

Kat, soooo yummy!

Aunty, I'm so lucky.

Susan said...

I haven't tried quinoa yet. I should : )

Leslie's pics said...

oooh i love quinoa! i should try this one