Sunday, September 9, 2018

The Kite


One of my first real boyfriends was named . . . ummmm . . . let's call him . . . Scooter.  He was mostly a happy-go-lucky kind of guy and fun to be with.

One day I had an idea to go kite flying. I thought it would be fun. Scooter agreed, so off we went to Walmart to buy the kite.

We got one of those cheap diamond-shaped kites with the two wooden sticks that you form into a cross. 

Just assembling the kite was fun to me, and when it was done I was all excited to go try fly it. 
IMG_9853

Unfortunately, we were sitting on the floor when we put the kite together, and when I stood up I accidentally stepped right on the kite and cracked the sticks. 
IMG_9850

I was  . . . 
IMG_9851

Scooter was  . . . 
IMG_9852

He was soooooo mad. I couldn't believe it. We ended up having a fight, and we never, ever went kite flying together.

11 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

What a jerk. And I bet he didn't even cook for you.

Anonymous said...

LOL! It’s not like you did it on purpose. Wendell wouldn’t have gotten mad, right? LOL

Izsmom

DDD said...

Love the pics.
You never went kite flying again.
You didn’t breakup right away?
Glad you didn’t marry him.

Susan said...

Aww man! Glad you didn’t end up with Scooter 😠
Your toe...teehee!

K and S said...

what a great story!

jalna said...

LOL Aunty. He wasn't usually like that, so I was surprised. And no, he didn't cook.

Izsmom, for sure Wendell wouldn't have reacted like that.

DDD, no, never went kite flying with Scooter. I think that was the only time that he got mad like that, but our relationship had other issues so we just weren't a good match.

Susan, LOL, I wondered if anybody would notice the toes!

Thanks Kat.

Mark Shelby said...

I'm not talking about feet! Only kites! .... ; )

jalna said...

LOL, Mark!

Leslie's pics said...

aieyaeyae! I think that picture is Randy!!! He woulda responded the same way! hahahaha!

Kay said...

Fantastic illustrations, Jalna. As for Scooter, good thing you learned his true nature then. What a temper! Very immature.

jalna said...

LOL, Les.

Thanks, Kay. I think he musta really wanted to fly that kite!