Saturday, September 8, 2018

Getting Fit


Ok. So. I decided to join an exercise class. At the last minute. So last minute that I had time to put eyeliner on my bottom lid only. So last minute that Wendell was wondering what the commotion was about. So last minute that I forgot to wear a sports bra, and trust me, regular bras cannot hold the girls in place when you're bouncing around. 

The class that I joined is called Taerobix. I was an all-out Taerobix exerciser many, many, many years ago. It's like Tae Bo. I like the moves. I like the boxing and the kicking. I can't do the kicking part too much anymore 'cause it hurts my hips, so I modified them. 

It felt good to sweat. My pores were probably in shock. 

IMG_9848

It was a little bit sad because I used to go class with BFF Zsa's. But it kinda felt like she was there with me. 

Hopefully, I'll keep it up!


13 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Get that heart rate up!

Izsmom

Kalin's Mommy said...

Yay, awesome! You know your BFF will always be with you!

Anonymous said...

j: brave, hearty woman you be. I have concluded I hate perspiring and sweating and will do anything to avoid it though I am forced to walk my dogs 2x daily and the walk is getting shorter and shorter. Be careful of Tae Bo, I took aerobics (centuries ago) and my instructor was also into Tae Bo. Years later I read an article that said TB caused arthritis in the hips and that's why I blame TB for the my arthritic hip which is getting more painful w/ each year. -N

Mark Shelby said...

OMG! .....You are SO Cracking me UP! ....LOL!

My Most Favorite, most Funny Hawaiian Kine Aunty eva! ; )

Chet Colson said...

I like to think that I'm fit and in shape. I tried a Zuma class, I almost died. 5minutes of the cardio, I said I had enough. I'll stick to jumping rope and surfing.Zuma seems easy but it wasnt'

jalna said...

Les, it is fun. Just getting there is the hard part.

Thanks Izsmom.

Awww thanks, Mich.

N, thanks. I know what you mean about Tae Bo and the hips. I tried to be real careful in class and mostly went through the motions to get some exercise.

LOL, Mark.

Chet, jumping rope is the hardest! I can last about 30 seconds.

Annie said...

Jalna! I'm glad you went to class!!! Good job!!!

Susan said...

Go, go Jalna!

K and S said...

good fun!

jalna said...

Annie, wish you would join us!

LOL, Susan.

Kat, it is!

Honolulu Aunty said...

I don't think I can handle but it looks like it would be really good stuff to do. For now I do TaiChi at Ala Wai and maybe one day I can graduate to this one.

jalna said...

Aunty, I'm gonna try and take it easy in class so I don't hurt myself.