Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Weird Tree

I saw this tree on my walk yesterday. I pass it all the time, but never really noticed it before. Maybe it was the way the morning light lit up its trunk that it caught my eye. Isn't it strange? It has a skirt made up of some other plant at its base, and then it has these branches or roots encircling the trunk above that going all the way up. Weird, yah? I'm gonna check it out again next time I pass it, but it's a bit embarrassing inspecting a tree with all the commuters driving by on their way to work.

Talking about morning light . . . isn't it beautiful how it's lighting up the left side of the tree? I loooove looking at how everything's lit up with the day's first glow. I know with everybody's busy schedules there's just no time, but you should just take a moment to stop and enjoy . . . look around . . . see what you're missing out in life . . . it's right there . . . you just don't notice.

IMG_1298a

8 comments:

Betty Townsend said...

Very interesting. The sky looks so beautiful!

K and S said...

I always have these kind of moments whenever I'm in Hawaii, as well as on my walks in Japan :)

mmiissee said...

Looks kind of scary

jalna said...

It was the start of a beautiful day, Betty.

Hahaha, I can see we're very similar, Kat.

It does, yeah, mmiissee!

Randism said...

eh! no shame! just wear one hgea tee shirt!!!

jalna said...

Hahahaha! Funny, Rand!

Erick said...

Cool tree!

jalna said...

You make me smile, Erick.