Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Hand-sewn Owl


Been home sick the last few days so I spent my idle time making a few owls. Isn't it cute? Sweetie found something similar at the swap meet, and she sent me a photo so that I could copy it.

IMG_8588

After making a few oddly shaped owls, this is the pattern I'm now using. I tried sewing with the machine at first, but it's so small that hand sewing seems to work the best.
IMG_8592

I'm not really sure what I'm gonna do with the owls . . . charms? mobile? 

10 comments:

alibaba37 said...

That is adorable! Owls are one of my favorite birds. Maybe you could do key chains, but with out the branch. You're creative and I'm sure you'll think of something. I sure hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you're sick. Could it be this Kona wind weather we've been having? I know my sinuses have been throbbing and I have an irritating postnatal drip. Hope you're feeling better.

You are so creative and energetic! The owl is so cute. I think both charm and mobile would look good! Take care.

Izsmom

Leslie's pics said...

that's so adorable!!

Honolulu Aunty said...

SOOO cute, Jalna! I'm going to try make some too - almost done "tidying" up my sewing area so I can see all my fabrics.

jalna said...

Thanks Alibaba! Only recently I've come to realize just how cute owls are.

Thank you, Izsmom! I wonder if it was standing in ankle-deep water trying to bail that got me sick.

Sweet yah, Les.

Yay Aunty!

Susan said...

Too cute! Hope you'll feel better soon! We have this weird, rainy, cool weather going on here and half the family is sick!

Mark Shelby said...

Totally Awesome! What a Hoot! ; )

They look great!

K and S said...

feel better soon!

jalna said...

Thanks Susan. We got the same kind of weather here, Susan.

Funny, Mark!

Thanks Kat.

Susie said...

Wow da cute!!! Hope you feeling better :)