Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lemonade Iced Tea


Soooo refreshing, it makes me smack my lips and go, "Ahhhhhh!!" after each sip. Really!  I modified the recipe from my previous Best Lemonade Ever post to make this.


IMG_2536

In the left container is a syrup I made by boiling 1 3/4 c. sugar with 1 c. water.  In the middle is 1 pouch of Tazo black tea (I found at Ross. Contains 6 pouches for $4) steeping for 5 minutes in 1 quart of boiled water.  Not sure but maybe it's the equivalent of 5 regular-sized tea bags. On the right is fresh squeezed lemon juice.
IMG_2519

I combined 1 cup of the lemon juice, all of the sugar syrup, the tea and another quart of water.
IMG_2524

I put some into these containers so that I could take to work with me.  Ummm . . . okay, okay, I admit it.  I put um in these containers so that I could hide um waaaaaay back in the fridge so that no one else would drink um.  I know, I know . . . so selfish.  But I promise . . . next batch I'll share.
IMG_2549-3

Maybe . . .
IMG_2537

7 comments:

Erick said...

That's looks so good!

jalna said...

"Ahhhh-some" good, Erick.

K and S said...

looks ono!

Betty Townsend said...

This looks refreshing. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I am in hot and humid in southeastern Alabama.

jalna said...

Thanks Kat!

Hey Betty. Nice to hear from you.

mmiissee said...

ooooh, so refreshing...would be good with some food from da ala cart ^_^

jalna said...

Ahaha, Mmiissee, you're so right!