Monday, June 6, 2011

Pictures from the Weekend

Here are a few pictures from this past weekend.

Colin is ONE YEAR OLD this month!!   My mom told me this funny story.  She said that Colin likes to go to the TV and slap it.  But my brother Cy always scolds him when he does that.  So everytime he's by the TV, before slapping it he looks around to see if my brother is around. The other night, Cy and Diem had a party to go to so my mom was watching Colin by herself.  My mom said that as soon as they were gone, Colin went to the TV and slapped, slapped, slapped it.
IMG_2503a

Ailey is 10 months old!  We took pictures yesterday at the Japanese Garden at the East West Center, my favorite place.  Jamie texted me this morning. She said that she had choke mosquito bites.  I texted her back and asked about Ailey.  Jamie said that Ailey had not one bite!!  Whew!
IMG_2425a

My friend Mano needed a city skyline shot for a website he's working on.  This is my third attempt and I think the winning shot.   I took it from the parking structure at Dole Cannery.
Dole Panorama1a

This is coworker Meren's daughter Jamachlyn.  She's waiting for me while I was getting the skyline shot.  We went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 after.  She ate so much popcorn and mochi crunch that she got a stomach ache.  She whispered to me during the movie, "I gotta go do number 2."  I said, "Okay, I gotta go too."  She said, "Number 2?"   Hahahaha!
IMG_2323a

This mural is on the UH grounds.  Isn't it cool?  It's actually really faded in real life.  I photoshopped it to bring back the colors.
IMG_1590a

This spot is also on UH grounds. I passed by it awhile back and thought it would be a neat place for a photo shoot. Problem is I couldn't find the spot again.  After shooting at the Special Olympics event last week I spent about an hour looking and never found it.  I was determined to find it, so when I was pau shooting Ailey yesterday I set out to look again.  When I described it to Jamie, she pointed in the direction that she thought it might be at . . . totally opposite from where I looked . . . and sure enough I found it.  I can't wait to try it out.  Now, if only I had a guinea pig . . . . IMG_2462a

This is kinda the beginning of Wendell making some Beef Luau Stew. . . not really my kind of food . . . but it was good.  I think Wendell used different parts from two recipes.  I'll post his recipe and pics later.
IMG_2353a

I made this yesterday. . . Lemonade Iced Tea . . . soooo ono!!  I drank like 3 glasses in a row. And I made the recipe up myself!  Howzdat?   Pretty shocking yah.   Recipe to follow?  Sure.
IMG_2539

Not really from this weekend . . . more like last Wednesday.  Yosh treated me and Les to dinner at Akasaka.  Haven't really had a chance to look at all the pictures yet.  Hope they came out.
IMG_1928a

7 comments:

Yosh808 said...

Gonna take a shot in the dark..see if my memory is still good. The place you were looking for with the tables is by Moore Hall? Across from the Korean Temple thing?

jalna said...

EXACTLY, Yosh!!!

K and S said...

awesome photos! I never saw the crack seed one on campus before, nice!

jalna said...

Thanks Kat! This weekend was fun. It's so good to have every Saturday off now . . . big difference in the "relaxation" factor.

gracie said...

lovely pics! almost forgot about that crack seed mural. been years since i've been to that part of campus.

Leslie's pics said...

I don't know where you get all your energy from. I getting tired just imagining all the places you had to go to!!

jalna said...

Thanks Grayce! I'm getting to know the campus pretty well now since I been spending so much time there.

Maybe that's why I snore when I sleep nowadays, Les!