Saturday, September 12, 2009

Best Lemonade Ever


Marvin left some Meyer lemons on the table in our lounge at work, so I grabbed three. I love Meyer lemons so much that I once bought a small tree and asked Wendell to plant it in our backyard. I tried sooooo hard to take good care of it, but it still died.

I found this "Best Lemonade Ever" recipe and decided to try it. First you gotta make this syrup by boiling 1 3/4 cups white sugar and 1 cup of water until the sugar dissolves. Cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chillled.
Squeeze lemons, and remove seeds but leave the pulp.
Add 1 cup of the lemon juice to 8 cups of water. Stir in chilled syrup.
CQ said that the best lemonade is at Hot Dog on a Stick in Windward Mall. I'm gonna have to try it next time I'm there.

7 comments:

K and S said...

yummy! I usually make a "lemonade" with lemon juice, some honey and club soda.

Erick said...

That lemonade sounds great, looks good to. I like the one handed glass shot with the blue sky. Very nice!

jalna said...

Kat, that sounds so good. Thanks for the tip!

Erick, I must've shot over 20 pictures in different parts of my backyard trying to get my glass of lemonade to look "refreshing". That's the best I could do.

Betty Townsend said...

a little more sugar slurry or honey would have cut the tartness of the lemons a little bit more.

jalna said...

I think you're right; I think that's all it needed. It might be just me who thinks it's strong though 'cause the lemonade is almost all gone already!

RONW said...

isn't it suppose to be chilled with nitrogen? Ahh ha.

jalna said...

Ron, no wondah!!