Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Didi's Grilled Baby Tako


Hooo, almost forgot to post something today.  This is what's happening.  I'm finally gonna get to use the baby headgear that I've been making!  I have a baby shoot (GIRL!!) scheduled in a couple of weeks.  Only thing is Jose Roces, the awesome photographer who let me tag along with him on a few shoots awhile back, wants to buy a bunch of my stuff!  So now I gotta get crackin' and make more!  Holy moly!

Anyway, this was super, super ono.  The taste was kinda unexpected . . . more Mediterranean than Oriental.

IMG_3228

1 lb. baby octopus, thawed
Wooden bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes


Marinade:
1/4 c. olive oil
Juice of 1 lemonZest of 1 lemon
2 t. salt
1 T. black pepper
1 T. dried oregano1 T/ sriracha
1/2 t. ground clove
3 garlic cloves, mashed

Place marinade ingredients with octopus into a ziplock bag. Marinate overnight. Massage it every now and again (this process helps tenderize octopus). Skewer and grill over charcoal until cooked through. Serves 6-8.

7 comments:

Dd said...

Soooo like I said, I will totally buy some of your headgear !! really now....

jalna said...

Didi, I just went to Kaimuki Dry Goods and saw some of the same stuff you gave me to use as embellishments. They're soooo expensive! No way I would charge you. But I know you. . . you no like take away from my supply. But no worry, especially if it's for Baby Samantha . . .

K and S said...

so exciting! can't wait to see your pics!

jalna said...

I AM excited Kat!!

Erick said...

Yum, got to try this one! Thanks Didi.

Betty Townsend said...

Your baby items are fantastic! Not surprised that people want to purchase what you make...

jalna said...

You going like um Erick!

Awww, thanks Betty.