Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hike down Old Pali Road

A few of us from work went hiking down the Old Pali Road today. It was good fun, except me and Les got sidetracked with picture taking and kinda got left behind. Make sure you check out her pics.

IMG_6679a

IMG_6675a

IMG_6697a


This is the last me and Les saw of the rest of the group.
IMG_6692a


There were choke ginger plants all around.
IMG_6699a

IMG_6691a

IMG_6754a


And guava too.
IMG_6757a

IMG_6704a

IMG_6701a

IMG_6716a

IMG_6717a


Here's Les taking a picture of a hole. Make sure you check out her blog to see her picture.
IMG_6725a


Here's Les taking a trip over a speed bump.
IMG_6734a

IMG_6736a

IMG_6727a

IMG_6737a


The rest of the group continued onto this Maunawili Trail, but me and Leslie had to turn back cause it was getting late and we had other plans for later in the day.
IMG_6744a

17 comments:

K and S said...

beautiful scenery!

jalna said...

Kat, it is beautiful, and it's an easy hike too.

Randism said...

nice shots; guava?!? mmmmmm. i lub quava!

jalna said...

Rand, small kine guava but.

SW said...

wow.. what a beautiful day for a shoot on the Pali.. every time I go there it is overcast and dark and windy..you can even see the koolau range's lush greenery..soo nice..

Les said...

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!! Sooo funny! That was good fun, we gotta do it again sometime! I'll post tomorrow, was too exhausted to do it after I got home. Took a nap for about half an hour then I had to rush out again!

jalna said...

Thanks Shun Wah!

Ahahahaha. Les, I crack up everytime I look at the picture with your legs in the air. Soooo damn funny!!

Erick said...

Did Les get hurt when she went over? Looks like it hurt! Great shot!

Betty Townsend said...

Beautiful photos!! I can remember, as a kid, being in the car with my Dad driving the Pali Road. The ginger is beautiful and the Koolaus!! The pic of Les's legs is hilarious!!

jalna said...

Erick, don't know if you're kidding or not, but if you're not, the "trip" was staged.

Betty, I wish I could remember, but I can't remember if we ever drove down the road before.

Les said...

Seriously Erick? You think I'm THAT clumsy?? geez! hahaha!

Randism said...

i porgot to ask: wat duz les' shirt say???

jalna said...

Rand, funny you should ask. It says: Hell Gate, Randall's Island. Hahahaha.

Randism said...

ahh so ka! "The name "Hell Gate" is a corruption of the Dutch phrase Hellegat, which could mean either "hell's gate" or "bright gate/passage", which was originally applied to the entirety of the East River...."

jalna said...

Ho da interesting, Rand!

Unknown said...

Das Sooo Funny! Les's feet! haha. And right where u guys took that pic, to the right with the palm tree theres another small hike i WAS gona take everyone, but i wasnt sure if Julies dog was okay with that..too much big rocks.

jalna said...

Whaaaaat? CQ, there was an offshoot there? I didn't even notice.