Sunday, July 25, 2010

Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk 2010

Leslie, Susie and I participated in Scott Kelby's WORLDWIDE Photowalk yesterday. Tens of thousands of us gathered in hundreds of cities across the world for a couple of hours in hopes of getting a prize-winning photo! Make sure to check out Leslie's Pics on her blog.

We met at 5:00 p.m. in front of the Honolulu Zoo for an after-hours guided zoo tour which ran from 5:30 to 7:30. Ummm . . . Where's Leslie?
IMG_0751a

While waiting for everyone to gather we goofed around in front of the zoo murals.
IMG_0740a

Here is awesome photographer and super dad Joel Cosseboom who I met two years ago at a birthday party. He is the one who taught me about sock monsters! Joel is very innovative and is always experimenting with new (and old) approaches to photography. He had three tilt-shift lenses with him yesterday! I absolutely love his work. Check out Joel's awesome photos on Flickr.
IMG_0748a

Here is one of the few photos that I took that actually has animals in it. Do you see the lemurs and the ducks?
IMG_0781a

IMG_0764a

IMG_0767a

IMG_0777a

IMG_0786a

IMG_0789a

IMG_0791a

IMG_0793a

IMG_0798a

IMG_0802a

IMG_0816a

IMG_0822a

12 comments:

Les said...

I looooove your pictures!! Soo cute! I thought my waldo picture wouldn't come out, considering we all looked like ghosts in the first one! Which one you entering??

jalna said...

Thanks Les! Can't go wrong with cute kids. I'm so glad we went on the walk . . . was good fun. I'm surprised your Waldo picture came out too! I so don't know which picture to turn in. How do we turn it in anyway? E-mail it to the guy?

Les said...

we gotta upload it to the site:
http://worldwidephotowalk.com/2010/07/uploading-contest-images/

WE ONLY GOT TILL THE 31ST!!! Aieyaeyae!!! So we gotta choose fast!

K and S said...

nice shots!

jalna said...

Thanks Kat!

Betty Townsend said...

Very nice kids shots.

jalna said...

Thanks Betty.

Island Moments said...

Love, love, love your shots Jalna. I can't wait to show them to my kids. It was great seeing you.

jalna said...

Thanks Joel. It was such a pleasure spending a little bit of time with you and your adooooorable kids. Hope to see you again soon!

Randism said...

island moments? is Emme Tomimbang a fan of yours?!? wow! ha! ha! nice shots!

SW said...

The green color in your shots came out beautifully. That shot of the trees w/ the hanging flowers is sooo dreamy.. how'd you do dat? Seem like a great outing.

jalna said...

Thanks Shun Wah. That hanging flowers shot is the one I turned in for the contest. I kinda just did my regular post processing on it. Nothing really special except that I used Gaussian blur to blur out the background more.