Friday, July 30, 2010

Colin Day

This past Sunday we had a Get-to-Know-Colin Day at my house for all those who hadn't really gotten to spend time with Colin yet.

Here's Kona meeting Colin for the first time.
We had a very simple make-your-own sandwich lunch.
Didi brought this bread. I think she said it was called Epi.
Here's everyone making their sandwiches.
Diem brought this really ono coffee gelatin dessert.
Didi shared her current favorite drink. It's called Activate. The vitamins/flavor are stored in it's cap which you twist to release. Didi said it can be found at Don Quixote for about $2.00. It has a really nice taste.
My nephews really got into it trying to help me get good photos of the drinks. Daniel held up my white poster board for a seamless look.
He arranged the bottles and directed me on how to capture the reflections.
Then my nephew Jason arranged the bottles on black dish towels so that we could read the words better.
He wanted me to angle the shot for a more artistic look.
And then arranged the bottles juuuuuust right so that the front bottle would be clear and the background bottles blurry. Good assistants yeah!!

13 comments:

Erick said...

Wow, very cool. Love that opening shot, great expression.

jalna said...

Thanks Eric!

renee said...

Will you be posting the coffee gelatin recipe?

Betty Townsend said...

Great pics. I like the one of Kona watching while everyone makes their sandwich. And the picture of Kona and Colin is pretty special. A simple make your own sandwich lunch looks fantastic. Your family knows how to put together a feast. Wonder if those drinks can be found here. The pictures are awesome.

jalna said...

Renee, Diem didn't make the gelatin, but I'll try and find out where they bought it from.

Thanks Betty. According to the Activate website, the drink can be found in California, but not sure if it's available in your neighborhood.

Leslie's pics said...

hire him! will he work for free with the rest of us??!! We can use a good people-positioner!! cool pics!

jalna said...

Renee, Cy said they got the coffee gelatin from Coffee or Tea? in McCully Shopping Center.

Les, for real we need somebody to pose our people for us!

Unknown said...

The photos are so nice! You should try to submit a photo for the Popchips campaign!

jalna said...

Thanks Rick! Popchips campaign? Hmmmm . . .

mmiissee said...

Did you see the look on Colins face? Soo cute! Great shots of the vitamin drink. I was just looking at the Don Quijote advertisement... I believe it's on SALE for this week...less than $2. Good deal!

jalna said...

I know mmiissee . . . too funny. I better head on over to Don Quixote on my lunch hour tomorrow! Thanks for the tip.

jason.f.leong said...

whoo professional assistant

jalna said...

Yeah, thanks Jason!