Friday, August 21, 2009

GoShiGo and Sushi Plus

A couple of weeks ago while I was walking to the bon dance at Shingon Shu Temple I noticed a line that had formed outside of the restaurant that used to be Taishoken Ramen (bummed me out when they closed). I later learned that the location is now the home of GoShiGo Udon & Dining Bar. It's on Keeaumoku across from McDonald's.
Wendell and I were both off today and while I was on the computer he started reading this article to me from today's TGIF. The author liked the cold natto udon ($9.50) from GoShiGo so much that they returned two days later "to relive all over again". Wendell is always game to try something new so he said, "Let's go!" I said, "Shoots," even though there was no way in hell I was gonna touch that natto.
When we got there I said, "Good, at least there's no line."
They were closed. Although the sign said that they close at 2:00 p.m., it also said that they close when they run out of noodles. DISAPPOINTED!!!
So we walked just a little further up Keeaumoku Street and checked out Sushi Plus. I told Wendell that I had met Erick there once to drop off a CD and although I didn't stop to eat with Erick and his coworkers, the food did look good.
Wendell ordered the Osaka ($7.99). He said it was good.
I ordered the Gim Bap with Fishcake ($3.00)
and the Duk Bok Gi ($6.95). It was very tasty . . . so full of carbs but I just love mochi.

8 comments:

Erick said...

You didn't miss any thing. The udon isn't that good, it is kind of bland and the portions are small. You were better off at the sushi place. Nice sushi shots!

Leslie's pics said...

hey good thing you posted Erick, I would've went to go try it! The sushi looked good but!

jalna said...

Thanks Erick. Maybe you should've had the natto. I bet that's not bland.

Betty Townsend said...

My favorite rolls right now are Caterpillar and Dragon rolls. These rolls look yummy. Your pictures look "good enough to eat". :)

Betty Townsend said...

Oh, what's natto? I get the impression its not good stuff.

jalna said...

Betty, natto is fermented soybeans. It's nasty looking and smelling, but some people love it.

Dd said...

gee, I wonder what it is on the bottom of the menu that's "only $2.00 ??" gotta go there for their Dduck stuff ...

jalna said...

Didi, my coworker Julie said that the menu says that if you buy one item you can buy the Gim Bap (Korean sushi) for only 2 bucks!