Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ashi Bang and Taishoken Ramen

I met Erick again today for ramen and while waiting for him outside of Taishoken I noticed this store, Ashi Bang. They were having a sidewalk sale of comforters, blankets and quilts. I didn't get a chance to look over the goods. I only had time to take a few quick shots as we were anxious to get into Taishoken before all the seats got taken.
In the short time it took me to take the pictures the restaurant filled up. Luckily there were still a few seats left. I usually order the miso ramen but decided to try the shoyu ramen with egg today. It was very, very good. The side order gyoza was ono, but somehow it wasn't hot, like it had been sitting around for awhile.

3 comments:

Erick said...

Your color saturation is perfect, it looks exactly like the real thing. The photo of shoyu ramen was excellent too. The shoyu ramen was very good, but I still like the miso ramen.

Betty Townsend said...

Oh, yummy!! Boy, I miss this sort of stuff. Occasionally at the Japanese restaurant where I eat every Tuesday, Tomiko-san (the cook) will fix some different kind of ramen that's not on the menu, but only if it's not busy. Once in awhile I will ask her to fix omelet rice and she will if she's not busy. That is so ono!! Your pics of all the quilts etc are fantastic. They do look like the real thing not pics. You are good!!

Dd said...

$110!! regular price for that blanket!! Dang....