Sunday, December 28, 2008

808 Urban Murals at Palama Settlement

A week ago I met John "Prime" Hina founder of 808 Urban, an organization that takes in kids off the streets and teaches them the do’s and don’ts in the graffiti world in a constructive, legal way. He told me that the murals on the Palama Settlement grounds were done by his group, so I went to check them out today. I was very impressed, and I commend John for all his efforts in providing different avenues for these kids to showcase their talent other than by vandalism.

5 comments:

Erick said...

Way Cool! These kids got some talent, great someone is pointing them in the right direction. Great shots!

Unknown said...

Awesome flicks! Nice meeting you as well. The wind and rain really tore my wall up, but I'll be back next week to fix it. I'll be painting Walgreens(Kapiolani) next week as well.

bkpr1 said...

Excellent project and art work! Good Luck in the future!.... BHIVER's dad

SW said...

It's amazing all the colors he used in his art. You captured all the colors so well w/ our shot. Nice!

jalna said...

Thanks Shun-Wah. I must admit that I had to "burn" parts of some of the photos. I used a polarizing filter, but because the sun was directly in front of me, it was pretty much useless on a lot of the shots.