Saturday, December 27, 2008

Island-Wide Blackout!

The hardest part of the blackout was having no computer. Wendell had no problem just falling asleep early. I decided to do some lamplight beading.
I ended up finishing two hearts.
Still without electricity today, I decided to catch up on my magazine reading.
And for lunch I made soup and heated up some Sam's Club naan bread. If you don't have one of these portable gas stoves you just gotta get one. It's only about 15 bucks on sale at Longs and it's the handiest invention. It's small and light and with just a click of the dial, you're good to go. Our area was about the last to get its electricity restored, but it wasn't much of a big deal for us. We're usually well stocked on batteries and Wendell had just made choke ice with the Bane of My Existence, so waiting it out was no problem.

1 comment:

Betty Townsend said...

I read about the blackout. I get the front page of the Advertiser emailed each morning. I love these beaded hearts. They are beautiful! You do a great job.