Monday, March 4, 2024

Lord Stow's Custard Tart

If you're ever in the Dotonbori area of Osaka, make sure you stop by Lord Stow's Bakery to get some custard tarts.  It's located on the left hand side of the beginning of Shinsaibashi-Suji Shopping Street.

Wendell liked it so much that we waited in line in the rain so that we could buy 16 pieces boxed in 4 separate boxes for him to bring back for his friends.  I highly doubted that even one would make it back to Hawaii intact, but Wendell packed them really well and we hand carried it, and guess what .  .  .  they all survived. 

IMG_6436

8 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

That is true friendship - to go to all that trouble and hand carry!!! I am sure everyone enjoyed them, to da max!

Annie said...

The Amazing Packing Skills of Wendell

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy.

Izsmom

Susan said...

Mmm looks good. I tried Pablo’s tarts in Osaka.

Chet Colson said...

I've had Lord Stowe in Osaka and Macao. Its SO creamy and buttery. The eggs tarts in Honolulu is rubbish, waste money.

Anonymous said...

more surprised that it passed TSA. But, I've had those before and they are good!
v

K and S said...

cool!

jalna said...

Aunty, Wendell really wanted to share.

Annie, true dat!

Izsmom, it's so good. I hope you get to try it someday.

Susan, they look very similar.

Chet, you tried in Macao too! Wendell asked if had other branches and I said yes, in Macao. LOL.

V, ho, I didn't even think about that. That woulda been tragic.

Kat, unreal yah, that the flaky crusts didn't get all bust up.