Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Fast-Kine Eggplant Parmigiana

This is actually leftover eggplant parmigiana that I ate on spaghetti noodles last night.  I had made the parmigiana at the spur of the moment the night before.  

Peel and slice a round eggplant, sprinkle with a little salt and let rest.  Pat dry.  Dip in egg and bread crumbs seasoned with Italian seasoning.  Lay on cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees, 10 minutes on each side.

Layer in an 8 x 8 inch pan:  Spaghetti sauce (I used a bottle of Rao's Arrabiata),  half of the eggplant, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.  Repeat layer.  Bake at 350 degrees for around 35 minutes.

Came out good!

IMG_5745

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks good! Rao's is the bomb.
v

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!

izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

Oh, I love eggplant! I might try this one - I have the Trader Joe's bottle of sauce that MaybeItsJenny showed a few months ago. But I am really lousy at boiling pasta. Don't know why. Always too soft or too hard.

jalna said...

V, Didi first recommended that brand to me.

Izsmom, thanks.

Aunty, I usually follow the timing written on the pasta package.

Susan said...

I love eggplant and always wanted to try this recipe. Honolulu Aunty, you can follow the box instructions when boiling pasta. I like to leave it in the hot water after i turn off the heat. It will continue cooking the pasta and I test the noodles after a minute or two until it reaches the right softness or firmness I like. Then I drain.

K and S said...

looks ono

Chet Colson said...

Whoa ....looks better than Sphaghetti Factory and Olive Garden. Only thing missing is a bottle of Chateau Margeaux.

jalna said...

Susan, thanks for the tip!

Kat, thanks.

Chet, LOL!