Saturday, August 12, 2023

Coffee and Orange Juice

I recently found out about this drink combination and thought it sounded so weird.  But the We Are Not Martha website (and others) said to "give it a try and you'll be amazed".  So, I had to try.

You make a strong brew of coffee and pour it into a glass of orange juice and ice.  Then you stir.  "Espresso and orange juice together have a complex flavor, but one that really works.", says We Are Not Martha.

Nope, neva work.  No magical combination of flavors for me.  Tasted like coffee + orange juice. 

Wendell took a sip.  I told him he could have the whole thing.  He said, "No thanks."

IMG_5007

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeww…sounds too acidic to me. LOL

Izsmom

K and S said...

interesting, thanks for trying so we no need :)

DrumMajor said...

Constant Comment tea bags have a bit of orange spice in them, which I've had for years. Maybe not so much orange juice in that coffee. Linda in Kansas

Honolulu Aunty said...

LOL! Martha probably knew already.

jalna said...

Izsmom, 😁

Kat, anytime. LOL.

Linda, now that tea sounds good.

Aunty, ahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

I looked up recipe. it said 6 oz of OJ and 2 oz espresso. Then it says adjust either to taste. so, maybe 8 oz OJ and 0 oz espresso might taste perfect. Or, 8 oz esspresso and 0 oz OJ. Less calories that way!
v

Anonymous said...

J, I always wonder about these recipes I see on the internet. The one that I was curious about is the one where they put butter in the ramen that makes it taste great. I do know that there are ramen that you have butter but I personally do not want to put butter in my saimin because then if I don't like it I've got to toss the whole thing out. I also read about putting cheese in it too, but realize I am not an adventurous either.I just no can.-N

jalna said...

V, 😁

N, one of the best ramen I ever ate was a seafood one in Hokkaido and it had butter in it. Don't think I could do the cheese one.